This year, we are bringing people together from across and beyond Cambridge to draw connections between food security, biodiversity, bioenergy by looking at the drivers of land use change and the research pathways which will help to prepare for and address the challenges we will face in the future.
Each month, a panel of three expert 'witnesses' join the Forum. One of the aims of holding these witness sessions is to bring people together who would not usually meet each other but who are working in areas which overlap enough to stimulate an interesting discussion. They are therefore a rich mixture of policy- and decision-makers from governments and businesses as well as technical experts and researchers, all of whom are interested in different aspects of this fascinating area.
Use the 'Meetings' menu to find out more about what they each talked about.
Profiles of the witnesses so far
- Head of the Land Resource Management Unit,
- Institute for Environment and Sustainability,
- European Commission’s Joint Research Center (JRC) in Ispra, Italy
- Sustainable Business Director,
- Head of EU Policy,
- BirdLife International, based in Brussels
- Head of Sustainable Sourcing Innovation,
- United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre in Cambridge
- Head of Sustainability, Europe
- Lend Lease
- Director of the Behaviour and Health Research Unit,
- Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge
- Senior Programme Manager, West & Central Africa,
- Acting Regional Manager, Africa
- Fauna and Flora International (FFI)
- President of Murray Edwards College,
- University of Cambridge